Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Guest

     On December 19, 2012, I had a dream in which my husband and I were dressed in white and stood in our dining room preparing for company. I smiled as we looked at the table where the place settings were complete and the candles were lit. Steam was rising from a platter of roast beef that I held with my left hand and rested on my forearm. The platter was gleaming white and trimmed in gold. Although the meat looked wonderful, I was perplexed because I couldn't smell it.
     As I turned to place the platter on the buffet, I found that the top of the cabinet was completely covered and piled approximately twelve inches high with papers. My husband and I looked at each other with shocked and anxious expressions because our buffet cabinet never looks like that. We didn't speak to each other but by the expression on his face I am pretty certain that he was wondering along with me, how those papers got there? As I stood holding the platter of meat, I anxiously looked at the front door while he started to remove the papers from the cabinet. I knew that the guest would be arriving soon. I awoke from the dream hearing in my spirit, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and sup with him and he with me." Revelation 3:20

     The interpretation was similar to the dream I had the night before about the warehouse. Everything appeared to be fine. We were clothed in white, signifying that we are His children. We were living what we thought were honest lives before Him. Obviously we thought that everything was ready and we were prepared to meet our Guest. We deluded ourselves because in reality, there was clutter; the false teachings of the world and the traditions of men, along with some of our own thoughts on those matters, that covered the very surface where we were supposed to place and then serve the meat of the Word. With our senses being "off" we didn't even notice the clutter or know how it got there. It was indeed like it was all just given to us. Passed down. So we faced each other with a decision to make. The Guest would soon be arriving. Finding out how the clutter got there and who was responsible for it would have to wait. As for that night, we didn't have time to do anything constructive about our discovery but to clear it away, dispose of it, and begin the process of replacing it with meat.