Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Beginning of Dreams and Visions

     One of the ways in which Father has been revealing things to me is through the use of dreams and visions. Through the years there has been a dream here or there that came from Him that I have known to be significant, but for the past year, they have increased and have contained greater revelation. I write them down, pray over them, and receive interpretation and Scriptural confirmation. Some relate to my family and me, others have a wider scope and have revealed some future events. I have asked Him a few times what I was supposed to do with them and He has told me that I would know. I realize now that part of the reason for this blog is to share some of them with you.
     It is important for me that you know that I didn't desire them. I didn't ask for them. It was honestly when I began to hunger for deeper understanding of the Bible and prayed for greater wisdom and discernment, that the dreams and visions began as well. That being said however, I wasn't really surprised when they started coming to me. Probably because I know from the book of Joel chapter two, that these things were prophesied as being part of what would occur in the last days. I could include the verses here, but I would much rather have you read the chapter for yourselves. Not only is it beautifully written, like a piece of poetry for His people that shows His faithful love and promises to every generation, but also because it contains rich prophetic warning that must be heeded because love without instruction and honest scales isn't love at all.