Saturday, March 20, 2021

Purim ~ February 25-27, 2021


14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place - but you and your father's house will perish. Who knows whether you have attained royal status for such a time as this? Esther 4:14 Tree of Life Version


The following information first came to my attention as the time of Purim 2021 was coming to Jerusalem. The news reports were so shocking to me that I did as people often do when hearing what they consider to be unbelievable, they either pause, dismiss, and go about their way in denial, or they pause and wait for greater revelation before making an assessment of the situation. Not being one given to denial, I paused and waited to learn more before writing. After watching the video that you will find below, I knew that I had had enough revelation. It was time to write. 

Although the story of Purim began in the book of Esther chapter 9, what I heard and read about in the interviews I came across last month, were stories from survivors of the Holocaust. The timing of which, in conjunction with Israel's newly implemented Green Passport and, * "February 24, when the Israeli parliament passed a law allowing the government to share the names, addresses and phone numbers of people who had not received a COVID vaccine with other authorities in the ministries of education and welfare.", was surreal. Was the timing a mere coincidence? Of course you can decide, but I'll tell you what I thought. I thought it was a grave insult to every Israeli citizen during a time in which their annual reflection of their persecuted history and liberation from their enemies was marred by the implementation of something that threatens their future. And not just their future. Many citizens are aware that they are being used as a kind of prototype for the world.

More people are waking up to the reality of where we are and where this is headed but feel powerless as to what they can do about it, and with good reason. The powers that be are censoring information at an incredible rate, making it very difficult to rise up and take a stand. However there are individuals and organizations that are doing their level best to keep people informed. Here is an example of something that is taking place around the world today and we will see what kind of reports of attendance come forth from reliable sources.

As I finish writing this post the sun is in its late afternoon descent, signaling that soon another Sabbath day will be over. But for now, the rays are shining through the windows in the cozy room where I sit, making this situation feel like it must be a story of fiction. But I assure you it's not. And I could not be silent.

6 But if the watchman sees the sword come and does not blow the shofar, the people are not warned. Then the sword does come and takes a person from among them - he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.  Ezekiel 33:6 Tree of Life Version


Father of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, we need you!   


*  Reference for the quote found in the second paragraph, is found here




It has come to my attention that the YouTube version of the video is not being shown on this blog post on phone devices. You can however view it from a computer. You can also see it in English, here.