Friday, September 4, 2020

A Word for 2020 ~ A Prelude

For thus the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has said,

 "In repentance and rest you will be saved, in quietness and trust is your strength: but you would not." Isaiah 30:15


If someone asked me to encapsulate the year 2020 into just one word, it would be "noise". Noise from every media out lit - every moment of every day; from politicians, to the chosen experts, to angry mobs in the streets. Every voice vying for attention, demanding that their listeners heed and obey their ever changing instructions. Noise is one of the major reasons why I haven't published anything. If I could not write what the Father wanted me to write with His anointing, then I had no desire to write at all by adding to the din with my own conjecture.

Actually, not writing during this season has been a good thing. It has given me time to go back and read earlier posts from this blog. Current events are giving some sight to the foreshadowings that were written there by faith in His leading. Reading them once again revealed to me the goodness of the Father to His people by giving them time to know what's ahead so they can steel their hearts in Him and prepare their families. His revelations were given with the absence of noise, during the restful times of sleep and through words whispered to my spirit in the moments of awakening. He is forever good. 

In the days ahead, you will read more posts from this blog. It is my hope that you will do so with a quiet attitude of humility and prayer so that you are able to hear and discern His still, small voice. For He who is not a man that He should lie promised us that we will seek Him and find Him, when we seek Him with all of our hearts.

As I end this prelude I am reminded of something that I posted on another Friday. It was September 20, 2013. The author is Joshua Liebman and it is entitled, Everlasting Arms.

"We live today with the everlasting arms beneath us; we breathe, we eat, we walk, we think and dream, all because we are sustained by a universe greater than ourselves and preserved by a love beyond our fathoming." 

May we never forget.